Monday, January 29, 2007
Digital Peers
I look forward to seeing what our class produces after looking over these websites. The only advantage I think Spring 06 might have had over us is that they were a hybrid class. Being able to meet up and discuss materials as well as use the web would've been pretty cool. I've never made a hypertext article before so reading some student-made ones gave me a better idea of what I'm in store for. Up to now I've been feeling in the dark about where this class is going but now a light has flickered on. I liked the essay "The Future of Video Gaming" by Carl Ritch, the layout was simple, but engaging. It made the subject more interesting than if had it been a printed essay. I scanned some others and they weren't bad either, but over all I think our class can do better. With our powers combined we could create a digital mindscape the likes of which has never been seen by any web resident. Or at least we could have a flash game on the homepage or something...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You've made a good point in respect to the whole hybrid class aspect. The issue of setting up the site and coming to a consensus without ever meeting, or having a discussion with everyone here has had me wondering. It will be interesting to see how we pull this off, and I'm looking forward to creating a site that will blow everyone away.
Well, we could try to use the discussion forums I guess. I agree that it's probably gonna be a little harder since we can't meet. I actually also read the Future of Video Gaming article. I thought it was alright. It seems your pretty ambitious. We should definitely strive for the best so that future classes can learn from our page.
I'm still kind of confused as to how we are going to go about this without ever meeting...but I believe that's part of the challenge of an online course...weird how that works out! I saw on the homepage that Prof. Winkle mentioned a possible meeting over lunch? I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things are once we start collaborating.
Post a Comment